Vision A.I. Human Recognition & Warning System
Sentinel Vision A.I.
- A.I. Pedestrian Recognition & Warning System which is more vigilant and reliable than a human spotter.
- Sentinel Vision AI can be retrofitted to any machine to monitor Hazardous Zones for pedestrian detection and object collision avoidance.
- Pre-Warning and Voice alarms give the operator and the pedestrian the opportunity to take action, either by stopping the machine, or moving away safely.
- Optional Motion Stop integration – Allows machine control if the operator or pedestrian fails to stop or move away safely.
- Customers report superior detection distance, low light performance, ruggedness and reliability of detection compared to older technologies.
- Detection zones are fully configurable to any shape by width and distance.
- Most machines use 2 cameras for rear blind spot detection – more cameras can be used on larger machines.
Height and Slew Limiting System
Sentinel Height and Slew Limiter
- More vigilant and reliable than a human spotter.
- Sentinel Height can be retrofitted to any machine with articulated booms to avoid object collision and damage from overhead hazards.
- The system has been designed to allow safe operation of excavators, loaders and skid steer loaders when working under overhead powerlines, in and around bridges and inside tunnels.
- In cab alarms and on screen warnings notify the operator prior to reaching height limits and predictive motion stop prevents overtravel.
- PRM Engineering Services has worked with multiple rail authorities and councils to ensure that the Sentinel Height range of products meet their machine safety requirements.
- Optional HV Detection Module detects overhead powerlines when the Sentinel Height Limiter is not on avoiding accidents, injuries and fatalities during setup and pack up.
Aerial High Voltage Protection System
Sentinel HV Aerial
The Patent Pending Sentinel HV Aerial High Voltage Protection System can be retrofitted to any machine that may have contact with aerial electrical conductors. The small mounting footprint allows installation to almost anywhere along the boom.
The system prevents the machine moving within its exclusion zone by interfacing computer controls and machine controls to monitor and override as required. The Control Interface Module monitors both machine control motions and the AC sensors.
When a powerline is detected, active machine motions become locked-out, preventing the machine from moving closer while allowing the operator to direct the machine away from the electricity source.
The Sentinel HV Aerial High Voltage Protection System uses a capacitive sensing and active filtering technology to remove unwanted interference from radio frequency and other sources, minimising nuisance detections.
It uses wireless sensors over a 900 MHz Military-Grade RF communications network from a BaseController, ensuring consistent protection of machines. As the system operates in the ISM band below the maximum power settings permitted, it does not require a permit or license to use in Australia and many other countries.
The system is designed to comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules. The Sensors and the BaseController are both programmable and the firmware is upgradable, allowing the system to be customised to an unlimited number of applications.
The sensors consistently detect distribution voltages commonly used in Australian Electricity networks: 11KV (11,000v) at 50 hertz and above. The System is tested for operation at 5Kv, to ensure a margin for most machine and install applications. It will not detect low voltage under 1,000 volts with consistency or predictability for ensuring safe working distances.
The Sentinel HV Wireless Sensors are self-sufficient, self-powered, AC Non-Contact Voltage Detectors. They feature a built-in, solar charging cell and battery pack, allowing the sensor to operate from a couple hours of sunlight per day.
Cabin Intrusion Protection system
Sentinel Cabin Intrusion Protection System
- The Cabin Intrusion System is designed to prevent machine damage and operator injury when working with long reach excavators and long loads. The system creates an adjustable safety buffer between the excavator arm and the cabin to prevent accidental incursions of equipment and materials into the cab.
- In-cab alarms and on-screen warnings notify the operator prior to reaching minimum cabin limits and predictive motion stop prevents overtravel.
- Optional HV Detection Module allow the system to detect overhead powerlines preventing injury and death during setup and pack up.
- System also works with the range of PRM Engineering Services Sentinel products including Sentinel Vision A.I.